Finance Lead at Squadrun Inc
Humans + AI = Future of Work
SquadVoice: Traditional relationship-driven high-ticket consumer sales (like real estate) has zero intelligence and lacks sales acceleration tech. As a result, conversions are poor. We fix exactly that and enable teams to close 2-4x more deals on the same spend.
SquadVoice bridges the gap between marketing and sales by driving more qualified leads to sales-reps, increases ‘active pipeline’, making reps more productive and accountable, thereby driving a 2-4x increase in deals. We’re improving our funnel with every transaction that’s going through the system as we’re sitting on top of CRM data which no one’s using.
After scaling this product in India, we launched SquadVoice in the US, targeting the Real Estate industry, and are looking to scale this further. Here’s the latest deck.
It’s an exciting time at Squad. 6 months into our launch in the US Real Estate market, we are really blowing up (growing 50%+ MoM)! As we venture into our next phase of growth, we are looking for passionate individuals to be a part of our journey and co-build Squad with us.
As Finance Lead, your sound planning, process freakiness, and systematic execution will help us grow efficiently. You will be the core driver of our processes: make sure our accounts (in US and India entities) are watertight, our finances zero-defect, our business process crystal clear, and everything end-to-end compliant and monitored. You make sure that no auditor or lawyer can challenge our processes.
This role blends accounting/bookkeeping, FP&A, strategy, and operations. You will manage the major components of the financial operations of the business. You will work on the monthly close, customer collections, forecasting, investor reporting, internal metrics collection, and lead financial analysis to inform critical business decisions. You will also play a hands-on role in tackling operational challenges around the business, ranging from negotiations with major vendors to sales operations to drafting legally binding contracts and agreements. You will have the opportunity to grow quickly within our rapidly scaling company, leveraging your past experience and building valuable skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Financial Controller: Handle the entire finances of the company. Responsible for handling internal and external finance and audit systems and teams in India and the US. Manage and direct the review of new customer and partner contracts. Manage and lead outsourcing partnerships and vendors.
- Finance Planner: Prepare annual operating plan with follow-on updates and forecasts. Lead financial planning functions across the organization in support of corporate goals and objectives. Support the management team with strategic financial analyses and insights.
- Investor Relations: Support CEO with investor communication and keeping them updated with the KPIs of the business
- Compliance Leader: Make sure that the firm is compliant with all regulations, legally and secretarially, in both the US and India, and the compliance calendar is followed diligently.
- BizOps: Help with everything from optimizing day-to-day operations to carrying out high-priority initiatives to tackling the most important strategic questions. Work with cross-functional teams on high impact projects to deliver value to the firm. Routine responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of quarterly/ annual financial statements including consolidation of Global subsidiaries.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Manage day to day operations of the Finance department including interaction with business teams
- Control & monitor all departmental costs on a regular basis to ensure performance against budget
- End to end responsibility for monthly and annual financial closure process
- Data collection analysis, Investigation, Prepare recommendations, Eliminate Surprises.
Background and Educational Requirements:
- CA with 5-8 years of experience (+ MBA Preferable)
- 3-4 years experience in working with a Startup ( preferably SaaS based company)
- Have seen 3X times scale-up in the team.
- Ability to understand business needs along with core-finance operations.
- Have an experience of building a company from scratch
- Experience in the finance team of a SaaS firm with operations in India and the US is highly valued.
- Experience in financial management, administration, personnel management, and business development required. Demonstrated analytical, project management, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of various financial principles, practices, and applications including compliance, budgeting, financial planning, and financial reporting required.
- Ability to learn quickly, think independently, and develop new processes/analyses required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time.
Why should you consider us seriously?
- We believe that longer term, people >> product & profits and prioritize culture over everything else. Check out http://bit.ly/culture-deck-squad. See Glassdoor reviews.
- We have an audacious vision of reimagining how work gets done! We’re one of the few applications of AI/ Machine Learning that actually has a massive market and business model to create a long term valuable business rather than a short-term acquisition play!
- We have plans to grow 10x in the next 1.5 years.
- We are a well-balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs and are backed by top investors across India and the Silicon Valley (Blume Ventures, Abstract Ventures, Emergent Ventures; Senior execs at Google, Square, Genpact & Flipkart; Co-founders of Infosys, Snapdeal, Slideshare, Zomato, etc)
- Our platform empowers stay at home mothers and grey collared workers as a stable source of income across India and US. For us, this is truly impactful. Every day, we see success stories such as - how a single mother is sustaining herself. Empowering our contractors to be financially independent is a strong part of our vision!
- Other benefits
- All meals are on the house :)
- Unlimited vacation policy, which means you are not entitled to a specific number of leaves per year. You can take time off from work according to what suits you the best. Needless to say, the system works on trust and we expect you to make fair decisions based on the team's needs.
- You can read more about our values and culture : https://www.squadplatform.com/careers/
This is just the beginning and we're here to change the world. :)
- Compensation: INR 25-30 lacs per annum + up to 5 Lacs of ESOPs.
- Location: Noida, Joining ASAP