We’re looking for entrepreneurial people with the right mix of hunger, experience, and cultural fit to help us realize our vision of ‘re-imagining how work gets done’.
About the Opportunity
You will join the team as our first frontend specialist.
You will be responsible for everything frontend at Squad right from our latest responsive website to our new customer facing products to hiring more frontend engineers in the team. You’ll dictate what our frontend engineering culture evolves to in the future & hence we are looking for someone who is not only passionate about technology but also about creating a whole new team & systems from the ground up. We are looking for someone who can evolve into a strong leadership role eventually.
We believe that in early stage startups, there are no Engineering teams. There are only Product Teams. What it means is that not only are you responsible for "how does it work technically", but also "should we make this?", "how well should we build this?", "is this what the user/customer needs?". We like to focus on outcomes vs output.
You will work in cross-functional teams - Strong products aren’t built with engineering silos. We truly believe in engineers collaborating within a cross-functional setup & contributing with valuable inputs towards the product outcomes.
If you are interested, Kevin from our Engineering Team wrote a blog that offers a comprehensive window to the coding culture and ethics at Squad: Squad takes the Joel Test.
Humans + AI = Future of Work
SquadVoice: Traditional relationship-driven high-ticket consumer sales (like real estate) has zero intelligence and lacks sales acceleration tech. As a result, conversions are poor. We fix exactly that and enable teams to close 2-4x more deals on the same spend.
SquadVoice bridges the gap between marketing and sales by driving more qualified leads to sales-reps, increases ‘active pipeline’, making reps more productive and accountable, thereby driving a 2-4x increase in deals. We’re improving our funnel with every transaction that’s going through the system as we’re sitting on top of CRM data which no one’s using.
After scaling this product in India, we launched SquadVoice in the US, targeting the Real Estate industry, and are looking to scale this further. Here’s the latest deck.
It’s an exciting time at Squad. 6 months into our launch in the US Real Estate market, we are really blowing up (growing 50%+ MoM)! As we venture into our next phase of growth, we are looking for passionate individuals to be a part of our journey and co-build Squad with us.
What's in it for you?
People who have joined us in the past have experienced tremendous growth. You will not only become a better engineer, but we believe that you will have a much more well rounded growth where you will learn more about various technologies.
Being part of a small team, you will also work directly with the founders and have good transparency into the business strategy, and get to see how a business is built. People who join Squad are extremely smart and you will end up forging lifelong bonds here. :)
Here are a few pieces our Engineers have learned and written about it in the past:
- Experience of a startup from a developer’s desk
- Two years with celery in production
- Lessons I learned to help keep software simple
- How I stopped being awful at managing
- More at Squad Engineering's Medium Publication
- Collaborate closely with the marketing, product & design teams
- Transform complex designs and prototypes into beautiful products without sacrificing the vision of the design team or code quality
- Develop a set of standards and styles that will drive how other members of the engineering team contribute to the code base to make it more scalable and maintainable
- Architect and build modern front-end web applications in using the right JS frameworks
- Conduct regular code reviews
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the team around best practices
- Ensure the codebase always has solid test coverage
- Own the direction of our front end architecture as we grow the product footprint and team
- Plan projects & initiatives
- Be an active agent towards strengthening the technology team & culture
- You've been building production quality B2C or B2B web applications for 2.5+ years
- You love building well-designed, elegant user experience that bring joy to those who use them
- You expertly weigh quality, speed, feasibility and debt when designing solutions
- Traits & culture: Entrepreneurial & willing go the extra mile. Manager of one. You can read more about our values and culture at: https://www.squadplatform.com/careers/.
- Education: Graduate in a relevant domain (preferably).
- Bonus points for experience working on backend technologies :)
- Compensation: 14 - 20 LPA + ESOPs up to 10L
- Location: Noida, NCR
- Joining Date: Tomorrow ;)
Why should you consider us seriously?
- We believe that longer term, people >> product & profits and prioritize culture over everything else. Check out http://bit.ly/culture-deck-squad. See Glassdoor reviews.
- We have an audacious vision of reimagining how work gets done! We’re one of the few applications of AI/ Machine Learning that actually has a massive market and business model to create a long term valuable business rather than a short-term acquisition play!
- We have plans to grow 10x in the next 1.5 years.
- We are a well-balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs and are backed by top investors across India and the Silicon Valley (Blume Ventures, Abstract Ventures, Emergent Ventures; Senior execs at Google, Square, Genpact & Flipkart; Co-founders of Infosys, Snapdeal, Slideshare, Zomato, etc)
- Our platform empowers stay at home mothers and grey collared workers as a stable source of income across India and US. For us, this is truly impactful. Every day, we see success stories such as - how a single mother is sustaining herself. Empowering our contractors to be financially independent is a strong part of our vision!
- Other benefits
- All meals are on the house :)
- Unlimited vacation policy, which means you are not entitled to a specific number of leaves per year. You can take time off from work according to what suits you the best. Needless to say, the system works on trust and we expect you to make fair decisions based on the team's needs.
- You can read more about our values and culture : https://www.squadplatform.com/careers/
This is just the beginning and we're here to change the world. :)